Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins and Apples, oh my

We did this a couple of weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to telling the story and blogging about it. We had our family portraits and Hope's 1 year portraits that morning, and then we got in the car and headed up to North GA to get some pumpkins and pick some apples. It's about an hour and a half to get up to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, but well worth the drive. Hope is usually a very good baby in the car, and she wasn't bad, but she didn't sleep for very long and it was during her nap time, so that made for a difficult afternoon. I think she was tired and then to see pumpkins that big, she got scared. She was very clingy the whole afternoon. She just wanted her mommy, but I didn't mind. Lucky for me, I am married to a get photographer, so he got some shots so it looks like Hope enjoyed herself. We hope to make this an annual event as Hope gets older.

Here is Hope next to some of the big pumpkins when we first got to the farm.




Now, here she is getting scared, tired, and clingy.


Here we are at some of the other pumpkins, more her size.


Adam getting some artistic shots. He's so good! Now, we are at the Hope size pumpkins.

Hope on the John Deere tracker with Dad.

Here is Hope and I at the nearby apple farm. We decided to do the pick your own and I am glad we did. It was fun to pick our own and get exactly what we wanted.

The apples are/were delicious. We have been eating them everyday for lunch and I made a huge apple crisp. I know I should have taken a picture of it, but when it came out of the oven, it didn't look that great. Once I let it set for a little while, it looked better, but it tasted amazing!

So we ended up with 3 pumpkins (one for each of us), indian corn for the door, some gords and pumpkins for decorating the house, and a peck of apples. We had a great time and it was a nice way to get ready for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment