Monday, November 30, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Have a good Thanksgiving week!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
After I purchased a package of pictures, we were allowed to go back up there and get pictures with our camera. So I had my grandmother take my camera and I sat next to Santa with Hope on my lap. She did not cry, but she did not smile either. She was over Santa at this point.
Last week I had planned to make "chicken" pot pie on Friday night but when I was at the grocery store, I saw that 2-1lb. lobsters were $6.99/lb. I just couldn't resist and had to get them. I didn't know what I was going to do with them, but I got home and went online to see what I could do with approximately 1lb. lobster meat. I found a recipe on Allrecipes and used it as my base. It turned out really well and still very healthy.
- 1 cup vegetable stock (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2T unsalted light butter
- 2T flour
- 2 cups skim or 1% milk (I used skim because that's what I had and it thickened nicely, but obviously not as rich as it could be)
- 1 lb. lobster meat, cubed
- 1/2t kosher salt
- 2 shakes of worcestershire sauce
- 1 shake cayenne pepper
- Saute onion in 1/4 cup vegetable stock in a small saucepan.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Then add flour and mix for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Gradually pour in the remaining stock and whisk until the flour/butter mixture is incorporated.
- Next whisk in the milk, onion, salt, and lobster. Once all incorporated, add in the worcestershire and cayenne.
- Let simmer (not boil) for 20 minutes as soup thickens.
Total fat: 6.7 grams
Saturated fat: 3.9 grams
Carbs: 11.3 grams
Protein: 28.1 grams
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday - Cottage cheese and noodles
Tuesday - Stuffed peppers
Wednesday - "Chicken" and Veggie Pot Pie (I plan to use veggie chicken strips instead of real chicken), broccoli
Thursday - Mac and Cheese with Cauliflower, chicken for Adam, side salad
Friday - Dinner out
I did not make the chicken and veggie pot pie last week because I found lobster on sale for $6.99/lb, so I just couldn't pass it up. I will post the recipe and pictures of my lobster dinner later, I promise. Have a good week everyone!!!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Here are some pictures of my loot. :)
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
After that, we made our way to the tailgate. It was very cold and windy (42 degrees and 10+ mph winds). Then it started to rain. After an hour of being held, poor Hope wanted to get down and move around. I walked her around for a about 10 minutes, but knew I couldn't do this all day and we were both getting cold.
Hope and Adam with Touchdown Jesus.
The fam in front of the golden dome.
At Gymboree (we were told to dress them up for class).
Going to the block party, all dressed up.
Checkin' it all out!
Monday - Chicken, rice pilaf, salads
Tuesday - Pumpkin Orecchitte with goat cheese, broccoli
Wednesday - Veggie and Black bean Quesadillas
Thursday - Potato and Carrot Pancakes, Baked beans, pork sandwich for Adam
Friday - "Chicken" and Vegetable Pot Pie