Monday, August 2, 2010

Healthy homemade brownies

So a friend of mine came up with a healthy brownie recipe. I thought it looked interesting, so I figured it I would give it a try. I didn't want to post about it until I had tried it though. Well, I treid these brownies and they are good! Here is a picture after both Adam and I tried them (his piece was bigger than mine).




Ingredients:

1 16oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)

1 ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips

4 eggs

½ tsp baking powder

1 cup sugar (or 1/2 c agave nectar, or ½ c maple syrup)



Directions:

Puree the chickpeas and eggs together until smooth.

Melt the chocolate then slowly blend it in.

Add the sugar and baking powder.

Bake in nonstick 8x8” pan at 350° for ~30 mins.


I definitely recommend this recipe! Try it and let me know if you like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) Did you notice they taste a little chalky or something when they first come out of the oven? Maybe it's just me. I could eat the enitre pan after they've sat awhile though.

    Glad Adam liked them too. Getting the husbands' approval is the ultimate test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making these (for the 2nd time) this week!

    ReplyDelete