Friday, June 17, 2011

Some days are like that, even in Australia

Well this has a couple of meanings.  Yesterday, overall, was just a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.  I hadn't planned on running or even working out, and if I had, probably would have been a better day.  I won't bore you with the details of yesterday, but it wasn't fun for me at all.

The other part of no good, very bad days for me includes my runs.  Obviously, not every run can be awesome or amazing or a PR.  Last Saturday was the first very bad run for me since little A was born.  I didn't drink enough water the Friday before (after running a 5 mile tempo run on the mill when the temperature was in the mid 70's in my house) and then I didn't eat particularly well (birthday party which included salad, pizza, cake and ice cream, and half a beer).  Saturday morning rolled up on me, and I felt awful.  I think I was dehydrated when I woke up.  Well I had already told myself I was doing 7 miles, and my father-in-law would be joining me so I had to go.  We also didn't leave the house until 9:30am.  Yep, it was H-O-T, hot out! 

We survived but not by much.  I vowed to drink more that day, but I think it took me a couple days to recover from the heat. 

Then, there was today.  My legs were feeling heavy yesterday from doing some squats the day before, and they still felt heavy this morning.  I put little A down for his morning nap and then head for the mill upstairs.  I started with my 1 mile warm-up (6.3 mph currently) and then bumped it up to 7.0 after that.  Now, I was interrupted by little H a couple of times so I had to stop and get off to help/assist her.  That didn't help.  I told myself at one point, if you are not in it, then don't finish it.  I didn't want to resent runnning.  So that was a big step for me.  I am so into schedules, and today was supposed to be a 5 mile tempo run.  I ended up finishing and did parts of the run at my tempo pace, just not the whole time like I had planned.  My time was 45 seconds off of last weeks's run, so it wasn't a total wash, but I was happy I finished. 

Of course, knowing that I wasn't feeling it today may hinder my weekend run some.  We will see.  But tennis has started again and I have already played twice this week and am playing tomorrow.  Wish me luck!!

This week's workouts:

Monday - Tennis practice
Tuesday - 5.04 mile easy run with the JS (except for mil2, this was a good run), squats, P90X ab ripper, push-ups (5x10)
Wednesday - 30 minute HIIT on the mill
Thursday - Rest (first since last Thursday)
Friday - 5 mile run (kind of a tempo run)
Saturday - Mixed doubles tennis match
Sunday - ??? Maybe a light run

No comments:

Post a Comment