Friday, May 29, 2009

Planned eating for Friday, 5/29

So I know I won't do this everyday by any means, but I will try to let you know what I am eating and any meanings behind it. I do eat a lot of the same things over and over, so there is another reason to not post this everyday. But for today, I plan (or have eaten):

Breakfast – Nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries and almond slivers mixed in, and my morning decaf coffee (2) with a little light soy milk
On Fridays I allow myself 2 cups of coffee instead of just one. Coffee is probably one of my favorite “foods.”

Snack – Low fat (no salt added) cottage cheese with a little bit of almond extract and a very small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed in
I have never been one to eat big meals but since I am still BFing and working out, I need lots of snacks. I was eating a granola bar here, but I am also trying to stay away from processed foods, so I found this recipe when I was reading my latest “nutrition/diet” book – Naturally Thin

Lunch – Almond butter and sweet potato butter on whole wheat bread and a pear
I had been using this bread for a while now, since it's got lots of fiber and low in calories, but I was also reading another "nutrition/diet" book and saw that this bread was on the Eat This side so I will continue to eat it. :)

SnackNonfat yogurt and a big handful of pretzels

Dinner – Cottage cheese (regular kind) and noodles and a salad with organic mixed greens, organic veggies, and probably homemade low fat balsamic vinaigrette.
I know that might sound weird to a lot of you, but this is a recipe that Adam brought to the marriage. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s yummy! On days when I work, I always make something quick and simple for dinner.

Snack – Ice cream
I don’t always eat after dinner, but sometimes I get nervous that I will be starving if I don’t, again because I am BFing (can you tell, it runs my life, but I love it J). I used to have dessert 2-3 times a week. Now it’s more like 5-6 times a week. I almost always get low fat ice cream and my favorite brand is Breyer’s. I like Breyer’s because it’s what I grew up on and I can pronounce most of the ingredients. Right now we have Edy’s Loaded because in the Eat This book, the Edy’s Loaded was on the eat this side, because they use skim milk. I was at the store yesterday and always assumed the Edy’s Loaded would be very high in fat and calories, so I stayed clear. So for variety, I bought this one.

Now I try to make my eating balanced, but some days are better than others. I know I didn’t do a good job at my veggies today, and I have never been a big meat eater, so I get a lot of my protein from dairy. Other than coffee, I pretty much just drink water.

No comments:

Post a Comment