Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rule #2


So again, if I were writing a book, rule #1 would be portion control, then rule #2 would be balance. Now balance means a lot of things. Like, if you are going to have a big piece of cake for dessert one night, you probably ought to hit the gym that day too. But when I think of balance, I think of food balance. I used to be much better at this, but with a child, everything is more difficult. When I am menu planning, and I plan to make baked ziti for dinner or cottage cheese and noodles, I will try to be conscious of my lunch. I will/would normally eat a big salad for lunch and not cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. It's not good to eat a big plate of carbs at every meal, or a big plate of protein either. I notice that I feel better when I balance out my day. I don't feel heavy and bloated. I feel light and energized. I am not a believer in low-carb diets, but as a runner, there is no way I would have the energy anyway, but the same goes for high carb. If you are more conscious of what you eat throughout the day and balance out the day's meals, I think you will find weight will come off more easily and you won't even think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment