Friday, February 5, 2010

Eating and Exercising - 2/5/10

Another day and I decided to log my food for y'all again. Basically, I have gained a few pounds since I have stopped breastfeeding, and I want it off. And, I feel guilty that I haven't posted since Monday.

So this morning, Hope only ate about half her breakfast (oatmeal), so I ate some of hers (not pictured) then I ate a grapefruit sprinkled with a little bit of sugar.


And of course, my cup(s) of decaf coffee with skim milk. Yum! Best part of my morning.


For lunch, I made a bean burrito with refried beans, monterey cheese, and chiptole pepper. I put this burrito on a salad plate and my tortilla was a 7 inch, so I kept it small.



Couldn't decide what to eat after my burrito, so I had some honey greek yogurt and pretzels. It's a great way to end a meal with something sweet and it's high in protein too.

It rained all day and was very yucky outside (38 degrees and rain), so instead I did a 30-Day Shed of the the tv (Exercise TV from Comcast OnDemad) and I bought some Finger Paint and let her made Adam a birthday card.


I did not have an afternoon snack for 2 reasons. I had to make some pasta salad for Adam's tennis match tomorrow, so I did eat a little of it while I was making it (have to taste as I go because I don't measure things like this).


I also had a small bite of guyre cheese while I was making dinner.


Here is the salad I had for dinner. Now this is on dinner plate. I had planned on having both my salad and the rest on the same plate, but the casserole took a little longer to bake, so I ate my salad first. Mixed greens with green bell peppers, celery, and tomatoes with a light italian dressing.


Dinner - Rosti casserole with baked eggs (Cooking Light magazine)


My portion - one egg and maybe a little extra of the other stuff. It was ok. I think my portion had a lot of turnips in it and the flavor was a little strong for me. I had a little of Hope's and it was better. Not sure this recipe will be on my every week recipe list, but it was pretty good. If you like turnips, then you will love it I am sure.
Ok, so I was supposed run 5 miles today but it was just too yucky outside, there was no way. I didn't even want to go to the gym and run because I would have to take Hope outside and she is still battling a cold. Because of that, my goal is to not have dessert tonight (Adam's birthday is tomorrow and you won't believe the cake I bought for him). I will do a quick post tomorrow, to let you know if I was able to fight off dessert (if you know me, you know dessert is my weakness).

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Robert and I am a Marketing Coordinator for Exercise TV. I would love to get in touch with you about questions regarding Exercise TV, its content and other stuff. If you could email me at ExTVRob@gmail.com, I would love to be able to ask you some questions.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete