Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not much to report

Well, I am here in limbo. We are moved out of our house but not into our new one. We wanted to do some updates on it and it's easier to do that when there is nothing in the house. We are staying with my dad (and his girlfriend) for a few weeks, so we can work on the house. Well, when I say work on, that is another story. We thought we would have all this time to work on it but with a little one, it makes everything a lot more difficult. We are having to find babysitters so we can go work on the house, and then Adam feels guilty because he doesn't get to see Hope much at all during the week, so we have decided to hire more contractors to help. We are now getting the house painted instead of trying to do it ourselves. We are tackling the kitchen on our own which is fun and something we will be very proud of I am sure. It's a lot of work, but I am learning a lot and feeling much more handy than I was before. I have not had much time workout or run since we have moved. Most of my time is spent dealing with people working on the house and researching new things for the house, and of course, dealing with the little one. :)

I did run the Komen Race for the Cure. They had almost 18,000 runners for the 5k race. I ran with my brother-in-law (former NCAA runner) and Adam pushed Hope. I did not have a PR, but I had a long tennis match the day before and my legs were feeling a little tired that morning. I did finish in 24:28, which wasn't even a PR for that course, but I felt good about it.

I don't have any races in my near future, but who knows, one might just find me. I am also getting excited about moving into our new house.

My meals have been pretty random since the move. My dad is good about eating just about anything I make (which is AWESOME), but with everyone's hectic schedules, we have been eating out more than I would like to admit.

Also, big props to my baby sister, who graduated with her Master's in Public Health (just like her big sis) yesterday. We are so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment