Monday, May 3, 2010

Pics from our quick vaca!

Thanks to all the moms who helped me with advice on traveling in the airport with a toddler. So that Tuesday morning Adam went off to work extra early and my dad came over to take Hope and me to the airport. I was so nervous about getting Hope's car seat into my dad's car that I actually forgot the stroller. I didn't remember it until we were half way to the airport. Too late to turn around, so I was going to have maneuver Hope through the airport without a stroller. Yikes! But one of the best pieces of advice was the click the car seat to my carry on rolly bag. Awesome idea! Never had to worrry about it again. Once we got to the terminal I was very friendly to the woman at the desk and she looked up my seat and told me no one was sitting by me so I could take the car seat on the plane and put Hope in it. Yeah!!! Here she is all ready for the flight.


She had had such a busy morning that she actually fell alseep before we even took off and slept for over an hour. It was awesome! She did so well. As soon as we got to Fort Myers, FL, we got our rental car and went to find our hotel. There was a Super Target not even 2 miles from the hotel, so I grabbed one of those cheap $20 strollers for the rest of the trip. Then Hope and I hit the pool. :) Here she is all ready to go.


Adam met up with us Tuesday evening, and then he had training all day on Wed. but got out a little early and we all went back to the pool so Adam and Hope could play in the pool. She loved the water! Not afraid at all.


We went to a fun little restaurant outside of the hotel on Wed. night and it was really good. Here is a picture of Hope ready to eat. :)

We actually had to take a boat to get to the beach. Hope was so excited and had a fun time on the ferry ride.
Here is Hope playing in the sand. She enjoyed the sand much more this time around than last year. She hated the texture I think.


Watching Daddy intently as he makes a hole in the sand.

She loved playing with her beach ball. It was nice because the water was so calm that she was able to go in a little and she didn't get dragged out to sea from the waves.

Playing in the pool in her ladybug. We had this toy last year and it's funny to look at the difference in her from one year to the next.


Lastly, playing with daddy in the pool. I know he loved to have that extra day to play with his daughter.


It was a short trip but a fun one none the less. We can't wait to hit the beach again. It was difficult sharing a room with Hope and since Adam was tied up a lot with his training it was a lot to handle, so I didn't get to run like I had hoped, but maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment