Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Racing and possibly a new kind of racing


I know, I know, it has been so long since I have blogged. But in all honesty, I haven't had much time and we are having major issues with our internet in our new house (still doesn't work after working for just 2 days). I also traveled for a week for work but I will update you on how well Hope did as well as some good pictures and cute stories of her. We had a blast together!


Well Sunday was the annual AJC Peachtree Road Race (10k) and Adam and I were up at 5:40am on the holiday to get ready for the race. It is the largest 10k race in the world with over 55,000 participants and it typically sells out within 6 hours. This is the 5th year Adam and I have done it. Because there are so many runners, they have groups that start at different times. The first year we did it, we were in the second to last group (group 8) and we didn't start until 8:45am (the race starts at 7:30am). But after ran that year, we learned that if you run another race within the year, you can submit your time and get in the earlier groups. I found a fast 10k race later that year and I in group 1B the next year. Since then, we have both submitted times with our registration and have benefited from starting in the early groups. It's nice!!! This year my time was not up to par, but given the fact that we have sold a house, bought a house, packed a house, fixed up a house and moved into a new house, I felt ok with my time. I was about 2.5 minutes slower than last year (my PR for the course), but I couldn't combine too much. I did also travel all last week, so I was not very rested.


Typically, the race mails you your number, but this year it cost an extra $5 per number to have it mailed. They wanted you to go to the Expo to get your number. So Saturday morning, we got up and went down to the Expo. I was totally fine with that because I like going to the Expo's and checking things out. I spotted some shirts from One More Mile, and had been eyeing them for a while at other expo's. Because of my hard week, Adam bought me one. It says "I run like a girl. Try to keep up." I love it!!!


Well also at the expo, I came across Ragnar Relays. I thought it was a triathalon relay race (which I am interested in doing), but this is all running. We stopped and spoke with the guy about it. He was telling us about one of the relays. It's a team of 12 people and you run 185 miles from Miami to Key West in January. Each runner runs 3 times. How awesome does that sound!!! I have already downloaded the race bible and am starting to construct my team. It sounds really fun and what a view. I will keep you posted on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment