Monday, July 26, 2010

When the pantry is bare . . .


The fam was out of the town this weekend. We actually left on Thursday morning so I didn't even grocery shop last week. So when we returned home (extremely tired) last night I was already thinking about what I was going to make for dinner on Monday. I was able to wrangle up some lunch options for the family, but when I looked in the refrigerator, I didn't see much. We have no fresh fruit and only 1 russet potato. Yikes!!! So I looked in the pantry. Not much there, but I did see a great go to meal that would be perfect - Crockpot Spaghetti. It's such an easy recipe and I almost always have the ingredients on hand.


Ingredients

2 jars pasta sauce (preferrably ones that are on the runny side)

2 chicken breasts - can be frozen (I know, what's a vegetarian doing putting meat in there, well Adam would kill me if I didn't, it's easy to pick out though for me)

1 lb. pasta


Directions

Place one jar of pasta sauce in the crockpot.

Put whole chicken breasts in next.

Pour 2nd jar over chicken breasts.

Turn crockpot on low for 8 hours.

Cook pasta according to directions on stovetop.

While cooking pasta, remove lid of crockpot, break chicken breasts into large pieces with spoon, and turn on high (keep lid off during this time).

Place pasta on plate and top with as much sauce as you want.


That's it! It's that easy! I will probably look for some veggies in the freezer and steam them and add them to my spaghetti instead of eating the chicken.


This will be an easy meal for me tonight so I can work on finishing laundry and getting the house back in order (all before The Bachelorette comes on). :)


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment