Monday, September 20, 2010

Avocado Dip

I have been making this for a while but it just dawned on me that I hadn't posted about it. Since Hope was younger (10 months or so), we have been buying avocados for her to eat. Adam doesn't like avocados so I didn't buy them much before Hope was around because I couldn't get a whole one before it turned brown. But now with Hope, we can share it! So I make this for us for lunch once a week. It only has 3 ingredients and is soooo good.

Avocado Dip Recipe
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 Hass Avocado
1/3 cup lowfat no salt added cottage cheese
Kosher salt to taste
Now why would I use no salt added cottage cheese and then add salt??? Well I have experimented with this a lot and I found that if you use the regular cottage cheese, you still need to add salt, so you might as well get the no salt added and then add in your own.


Directions:
I cut up the avocado and add in the cottage cheese and mix with a fork. If you want it smoother, then you can combine it in the food processor, but I like mine chunky.
Taste and then add the salt you need. Sometimes I need more depending on the ripeness of the avocado. I am not a huge fan of salt, and don't add it to a lot of dishes, but this is one where it really brings out the flavor of the avocado.

Seperate into 2 bowls and serve. Here is Hope's bowl.
I usually pair my dip with some Kashi Originial Whole Grain crackers, but you could use baby carrots, green pepper strips, or any other veggie.

Here is the nutritional breakdown per serving.

Makes for a great quick yummy lunch or snack.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds great! Congrats, now I can't remember if I knew you were pregnant. Probably not! Yay!

    ReplyDelete