Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin and Apple Picking

So, I am only 3 weeks behind in posts (well at least this one).  A few weeks ago we went up to the north GA and went to the pumpkin patch and then traveled a little farther north and hit the apples.  This is something Adam and I have been doing since before we were even engaged.  It's so much fun.  We love getting to share this with Hope and next year there will be 2 little ones to share it with.  I paired Hope in a nice green top so she would stand out at the pumpkins.  I think the pictures turned out great!

Hope with some big pumpkins

Now, onto the smaller pumpkins, where we eventually found the one to carve. 

Nice family pic

Pointing out the pumpkins she liked.

Hope's way of travel after we paid for all of our pumpkins, gords, butternut squash, etc. 

Now, onto apple picking (should have brought a change of shirt for Hope here).  A nice pink or orange would have been nice since you can barely see her in the leaves. 

So proud that she got the apple all by herself. 

Washing the first batch of apples (I saw something on Dr. Oz about cleaning fruits and veggies that aren't organic).  There are no organic apples farms in GA that I could find.

The other 2 1/2 peps that we bought.

Some strawberry preserves I just couldn't resist.  
 
We had a wonderful time.  I loved the apple farm we found especially.  During our time there, we had a fried apple pie (yep, the pregnant lady picked that one) and an apple cidar slushie (Adam's pick). 

I can't wait to show you all the things I have done with the apples since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment