Friday, January 7, 2011

Update: Back from the OB, re: running

Well I had my regularly scheduled OB appointment today so I wanted to bring up my groin pain with her.  She asked a few questions about it and when I mentioned that it lasted the rest of the day and sometimes into the next day, she thought it probably wasn't just round ligament pain, but the stretching of the ligaments down there.  She suggested cutting back on my miles (NOOOOOOO) and listening to my body.  She is afraid that the stretching might cause contractions and then lead to bedrest (NOOOOOOO).  So I didn't run on Wednesday at all.  I actually took the day off because I had a terrible headache (probably just hormone related).  On Thursday, I did 40 minutes of yoga.  So today, I was feeling pretty good, so I took the jogging stroller, loaded Hope up (all bundled of course), and decided to hit the road.  I was running at a easy pace and listening to my body.  I was able to get most of the 3 miles before I really felt anything on the groin area.  After I finished, my groin felt better.  I haven't had any groin pain the rest of the afternoon, which is good.  I think I am going to slow down my pace and see if that helps.  I was doing some intervals on the treadmill for about a month now, but I think those days are over until after the baby comes.  I am happy that my pain was much less today and hoping I can continue to run for a little longer.  Of course, there is no way I will be posting any of my times.  They are awful and are about to get even worse, but hey, at least I am still running.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same groin pain with both of my pregnancies. Definitely just listen to your body but I am sure everything is fine!

    ReplyDelete