Friday, November 13, 2009

Lobster Bisque

Last week I had planned to make "chicken" pot pie on Friday night but when I was at the grocery store, I saw that 2-1lb. lobsters were $6.99/lb. I just couldn't resist and had to get them. I didn't know what I was going to do with them, but I got home and went online to see what I could do with approximately 1lb. lobster meat. I found a recipe on Allrecipes and used it as my base. It turned out really well and still very healthy.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup vegetable stock (reduced sodium)
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 2T unsalted light butter
  • 2T flour
  • 2 cups skim or 1% milk (I used skim because that's what I had and it thickened nicely, but obviously not as rich as it could be)
  • 1 lb. lobster meat, cubed
  • 1/2t kosher salt
  • 2 shakes of worcestershire sauce
  • 1 shake cayenne pepper

Directions

  1. Saute onion in 1/4 cup vegetable stock in a small saucepan.
  2. In a medium pot, melt butter. Then add flour and mix for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
  3. Gradually pour in the remaining stock and whisk until the flour/butter mixture is incorporated.
  4. Next whisk in the milk, onion, salt, and lobster. Once all incorporated, add in the worcestershire and cayenne.
  5. Let simmer (not boil) for 20 minutes as soup thickens.
  6. Enjoy!

Serves 4

Nutritional Information

Calories: 224

Total fat: 6.7 grams

Saturated fat: 3.9 grams

Carbs: 11.3 grams

Protein: 28.1 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment