Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A day of eating, 1/21/10

A little late in getting this to you, but better late than never. Here was breakfast, oatmeal with skim milk, cranberries, and almond slivers. And of course my decaf coffee with skim milk. Hope had organic cheerios and whole milk.


Lunch was leftovers (for both Hope and me). I made Tuna Noodle Casserole from my Cooking Light magazine. It was pretty good. Hope loved it! She eat for 3 straight days. And this is on a salad plate.

Then when Hope went down for a nap I found this in our cabinet. I just couldn't resist. Yummy!


We ended up having an early dinner, so no real snack for me. Dinner started with a nice salad of mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, green bell peppers, goat cheese, and light italian dressing (Newman's Own Light).


Then I made "fried" fish (it was baked in the oven) and baked sweet potato fries. Again, on a salad plate.

Since dinner was early and I had no afternoon snack, I did end up having some Breyer's Light Ice cream. Ice cream is definitely my weakness. A friend of mine, was writing about how you pick and choose so much when it comes to food. How she drinks 64+ oz. of water everyday but also 20-30oz. of coffee too. Well for me, it's dessert. I can eat so healthy all day long, but I eat dessert more than I should. We always have ice cream in our house. It's a must!

2 comments:

  1. I make baked fish and sweet potato fries (all actually baked in the oven) almost weekly! It is one of our favorite meals. I love making sweet potato fries -- one giant sweet potato makes a ton of fries for 2 people and they only need to be mixed with a very small amount of oil and some salt before baking. It is also a very economical meal -- enough fish for 2 people in my area can be bought for $4 (we stock up and freeze) and a sweet potato costs $1 or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. I'd like to do a day of eating pictorial, but it won't look nearly as pretty as yours. My iceberg lettuce salads don't exactly "pop" in pictures :)

    Good job with the healthy meals.

    ReplyDelete