Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shhh, don't tell anyone, I went to the gym. . .


Yes, I went to the gym yesterday. The high was 34 degrees and I just couldn't take Hope out in that. I like to do my workouts in the mornings or very early afternoons, and it was still going to be in the 20's so I decided to go to the gym and run on the treadmill and put Hope in the daycare. Surprisingly, I didn't have too much mommy guilt. I rationalized it by saying, she would be sitting in the stroller by herself playing with other kids and being stimulated while I was running. I had just finished my 4.5 miles (didn't want to push it too much) when I heard my name over the PA to find out that Hope had started crying. No stretching for me. I went in there and she was fine, just getting tired (we are transitioning from 2 naps a day to 1) and she has bad diaper rash again, so I changed her diaper and we headed home. I was glad I got the work out in. I was really joansing for a nice sweat; one that only a run would produce. Some of you may be asking, "What about the Your Shape you got for Christmas"? Well, neither my laptop or my desktop had the minimum requirements to support the progam. I am very disappointed. My dad is going to see if it will work on his old computer and give us his. If not, we will probably be buying a new computer. We could use a new computer, but I was planning on waiting until we moved (later this year) before we got a new computer. Oh well, I will keep you posted on that.


Well this week is shaping up to be very busy. Yesterday was my sister's birthday and Saturday is her wedding, so I have a lot to do. I am also the matron of honor (no maid of honor). So I am trying to get my workouts in when I can. I am really hoping to get a workout in on Friday, but we have the bridesmaid luncheon and the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, so if I want to work out, it will have to be early. Here is what I am thinking for this week:


Monday - 20 minutes stairmaster, 20 minutes elliptical, abs, arms
Tuesday - Ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill
Wednesday - 40 minutes elliptical or HIIT on the treadmill, abs, back
Thursday - Rest (I am getting a mani/pedi and a spray tan that evening with my sister)
Friday - Video workout (probably on Comcast On Demand)
Saturday - Rest, wedding
Sunday - ? We will see how I am feeling, but I am thinking no workout

No comments:

Post a Comment