Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half marathon training starts this week!


So Monday was the start of my 8 week half marathon training plan. I like to be in training mode. It gives my runs a purpose. I am using the personalized training plan like I always do. I love it and highly recommend it if you are planning to train for a big race. Unfortuantely, I wasn't able to run yesterday, since our jogging stroller was in my husband's car (which was at work by the time I realized it). This week's goal is 16 miles (2 2-mile runs, 1 5-mile tempo run, and 1 7-mile easy run). I did 2.52 miles on Monday and today did a HIIT which got me to 3.13 miles, so I have already checked off the the 2 mile runs. I plan to do the tempo run on Friday. My problem is the 7 mile run. I would normally do it on Saturday, but now I have a tennis match so I am wondering if I think I can do it on Sunday or if I need to suck it up and do it on Saturday before the match. I am thinking Saturday, but then I won't be 100% for the match and it's playoffs. Should be a busy Saturday for me now. At least Adam is off for tennis (his team got a bye for the first week of playoffs) so he can take Hope to her swim lesson. I am glad he will be able to go (his first) but she is so darn cute in the water, I will be thinking about her the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment