Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting your priorities right

So I am at home on maternity leave with a 6 day old newborn and a toddler, and what was on my mind last night as well as this morning . . . signing up the Peachtree.  This is the 10k that is run on July 4th that is the largest 10k in the world.  Well rumor has it that the race was not the largest anymore, so they have expanded from 55,000 to 65,000 runners (no that is not a typo).  Well for years, you had to mail in your registration form the day they came out.  2 years ago, they switched to the option of doing your registration online, but had many issues with the servers crashing because so many people were trying to on.  Well this year, they are doing a lottery, so you can not guarenteed to get into the race by registering early.  The lottery is open for 10 days and then you will be notified if you get into the race.  Adam and I have done this race for at least the past 4 or 5 years, and we both would like to run the race this year.  If I am selected from the lottery, this will be my first 10k since Aidan's birth.  So this morning, I went online and registered both Adam and me.  I hope we get in.  Keep your fingers crossed for us.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment