Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy news and a yummy breakfast

Adam and I both got into the Peachtree from the lottery!  Yeah!  I wasn't sure if we would or not.  I heard that they only gave special treatment to those who have raced in the race at least 10 times.  Adam and I are at about 5 so we didn't get any special consideration, but we did get in.  I also signed up for the Race for the Cure (in May), so I have a 5k in May and a 10k in July.  I am thinking of finding a 4 mile or 8k to race in June.  If you know of any that are near me (Atlanta) please let me know.

Also, I have been playing around with my breakfasts.  Cereal just won't cut it most days, so I have been making a lot of oatmeal.  Today I decided to try something different.  I have been buying granola (I know it's so high in calories, I only did it while I was pregnant) from the farmer's market.  It's organic and only has a few ingredients.  I buy the one without nuts and raisins and then if I want I can add my own.  While pregnant, I was putting in dried cranberries (raspberry flavored) and nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, or pumpkin seeds).  So yummy and filling but I know it's a breakfast killer with so many calories.  Today I decided to make a healthy yogurt parfait.

Yummy Yogurt Parfait
1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1 cup blueberries (other berries would work too)
1/3 cup granola

Pour half of the yogurt into a glass or bowl, then half of the blueberries, then about half of the granola.  Repeat.

Nutrition
Calories:  370
Fat:  7 grams
Protein:  16 grams
Carbs:  65 grams

And here is a picture of the kids that I took a few days ago.  I got the shirts from Cafe Press.

1 comment: