Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ugh and ouch

I wasn't able to get my Monday run in so I decided to do some yoga.  Well Monday (well actually Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) I was in a horrible mood.  Don't ask me why, but I was easily irritated.  I felt awful.  I have been kicked in the ribs for the past 7 weeks, I felt huge and starting to get uncomfortable.  So basically, just plain miserable, so not getting my run in really hurt me.  I did 30 minutes of yoga and cursed the whole time (I did Yoga X to mix it up).  I wanted to get more done, but that just wasn't going to happen.  I have also been eating pretty crappy which also doesn't help.  It makes me feel awful and I lose a lot of energy by not eating well.  It's just one of those things, I have been so good the whole pregnancy, that in the past week, I have just really "relaxed" my eating habits.  I know, that's a terrible thing to do, but that has just been my attitude. 

Well I woke up on Tuesday (which I actually slept pretty well for once) and felt ok.  I dropped Hope off at her Mother's Morning Out program and grabbed my iPod and went for a run.  It has been a while that I ran outside without the jogging stroller.  My plan was to run around 3 miles in my old neighborhood (it is really close to the farmer's market I was going to hit afterwards).  Well from the first step, I could really feel my groin pain, but I pushed through it.  I mean, I am far enough along now, that I am not too concerned about going into labor (I mean it is March).  And being a runner, you learn very quickly to push through pain, or you would never get anywhere, right?  Well the first 2 miles were really good (other than the groin pain).  I mean I was slow, but that was my plan, just a nice easy steady pace.  The weather was wonderful, sunny and 50 degrees.  Of course, by mile 3 I had to pee, so it slowed me down and started to irritate me some, but I finished 3.11 miles which was at least faster than my jogging stroller times (yeah, you will never know exactly how slow I am). 

But the rest of the day, my mind felt much better.  I wasn't irritated or easily set off like I was the day before.  I got a lot of nesting done afterwards too, which was good.  But my groin pain was pretty bad the rest of the day.  So bad, that I don't think I will be able to run today (which I had planned to do).  I think I might try the elliptical trainer, if I can motivate myself enough to do it.  It's hard.

I am also getting uncomfortable, something that is new for me.  My little Hope was smaller (although not much smaller) than this one and I was on modified bedrest so I was forced to not do much and encouraged to eat all that I could, so I don't think the weight gain affected me as much.  Now here I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and have a toddler and not on bedrest and I don't know what I should be doing and what not to do.  It's like it's my first time.  And because of this, my patience is shot and I am easily irritated.  I probably should be resting more, but if I rest how will everything get done.  For moms out there, how did you feel those last few weeks and how did you take it easy or did you?  What did you change about your routine, whether it be your workout routine or your home routine? 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know it's not a great feeling the last few weeks. It's tough because you should just rest, but yes, there is nesting to do! I would do just a little each day in the house. I had a to-do list and I'd try to accomplish something each day. A lot of days I got nothing done. It couldn't be helped.

    By the time I was at the point you were, there was no exercise, not even walking around the neighborhood. I was just too worn out from working all day and getting the house ready. And you have a toddler!

    Don't worry about the bad eating. Once that baby pops out, you'll be able to spend a little more time preparing healthier foods. Right now, just focus on resting as much as you can, finishing up house tasks and the rest will fall into place.

    You've done excellent with your working out while pregnant. Think about how much more you did compared to your first baby. So pat yourself on the back for that and just rest. Cause you know, when that baby comes, there will be no resting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome to still be out there running!

    I just found your blog and I love your daughter's name. My daughter's name is Faith, so they kind of match :)

    ReplyDelete