Monday, March 7, 2011

National Nutrition Month

Well other than the fact that my baby will be born this month, there are other things going on too.  March is National Nutrition Month.  The theme this year is Eating Right with Color. This would be a great month to blog at the colors I am eating if I wasn't 8 1/2 months pregnant.  My food consumption is very weird right now.  Some days I feel like I can't possibly eat anymore food, some days I want only cereal morning, noon, and night, and some days I was to eat a lot and not of the healthy stuff.  I am trying to be good, but it's hard when I know I am so close to the end.  So I probably won't blog once a week about this and all the great colors I am eating, but I can tell you I have eaten 2 bright colors today, green and orange. 

Yep, I had spinach in my green monster smoothie.  

And 2 tangerines for lunch. 

I also had a white - banana in my green monster smoothie, but I am not sure if they count that or not.  I would guess they would since bananas are a fruit, but I guess I won't get bogged down in the details. 

So I guess even though I am not at my best for eating, I will strive to eat with color for these last few weeks and then even more come post-partum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment