Thursday, March 31, 2011

Week 1 Results

So last Thursday I was 2 weeks post-partum (pp) and decided that since I felt pretty good, I decided it was time to start thinking about getting back into shape (and losing the baby weight).  I was going to track my calories on Babyfit and start doing some weights and walking more. 

Weight loss
I am down 1.2 pounds from last week.  I know my weight will be fluncuating a lot because I am nursing.  Aidan didn't eat very much before I got out of bed and weighed myself, so I might have been able to a few more ounces. :)  I also know that once I can really start working out, I will hopefully be able to lose more. 

Eating
According to Babyfit, I should be eating between 1850 and 2150 calories.  That seems like a lot but it's because I am nursing and require more calories to keep that up.  I am not used to eating that much so it's a little hard for me.  Also, because I can eat that much, I feel like I can indulge some and still lose.  I tracked my calories for a week and learned a lot.  I would not eat some of my good for you foods because I would want to "save" those calories for my indulges (I know, bad).  I would also track my calories all day and then when I would see that I have 300 calories left before I hit the minumim calories, I would eat that many calories in sweets (again, I know, bad) even when I am not that hungry.  The whole calorie thing was overwhelming.  I also saw that I didn't eat enough protein several days.  If anyone has some tips for veg people to get in more protein, I would appreciate it.  And no to fake meat.  Here are some break downs.


Thursday, March 24, 2011
Bitmap
Breakfast
 ProteinFatCarbsCaloriesCalcium, CaFolate, totalIron, FeFiber, total dietary
Meal totals1915634524516138
Lunch
Meal totals23105138518696
Dinner
Meal totals181868506241986
Snack
Meal totals102656535130105
Daily totals70692391,87999414024
Recommended totals65 - 8065 - 80 1850 - 2150100 - 200150 - 200140 - 17025 - 35




Friday, March 25, 2011
Bitmap
Breakfast
 ProteinFatCarbsCaloriesCalcium, CaFolate, totalIron, FeFiber, total dietary
Meal totals111360404630222
Lunch
Meal totals311846442108331026
Dinner
Meal totals2033977541134459
Snack
Meal totals9245848020166
Daily totals71882612,0791279718624
Recommended totals65 - 8065 - 80 1850 - 2150100 - 200150 - 200140 - 17025 - 35


Working Out
I have to say that this experience so far has made me at least be consistent with my "workouts." 

Thursday:  Your Shape fitness test (30 minutes)
Friday:  Walk in the neighborhood with double jogging stroller (1.58 miles)
Saturday:  Rest (sick toddler)
Sunday:  Your Shape upper body workout (30 minutes) and abs
Monday:  Walk in neighborhood with double jogging stroller (1.63 miles)
Tuesday:  Your Shape lower body workout (45 minutes) and abs
Wednesday:  Walk on treadmill at 3.5mph at 9.0% incline

What to do this week
  1. I am not going to track my calories.  I know what I should be eating and limit mindless snacking.  I think this will help me with increasing my healthy choices.
  2. Might try a run this week. 
  3. Continue with my weights
  4. Enjoy my time with my son.  :)
Any advice for me as I continue my journey.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it too soon to start running? I was told no running until 6 weeks postpartum. You don't want a prolapsed uterus (which can actually happen since it hasn't shrunk back down all the way yet!)

    When I was nursing and exercising, I was eating over 3,000 calories a day (easily) and got back to my pre-pregnancy body no problem. That calorie count that maxes out at 2150 seems too low.

    Veggie protein: beans and legumes (esp lentils) and fortified pasta like Barilla plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, running should not be in my mind, but I really miss it. Working out has always been a part of my life, so it's hard to not be working out.

    Yes, I think the calorie thing is wrong too, which is why I am not going to track it anymore. I know I need a lot of calories. I am just going to try to be smart about it. I remember last time eating a lot and the weight came off pretty quickly. It's just when you see your body and it's not where you want it to be, you want it back yesterday. It's hard to believe it's only been 3 weeks since lottle Aidan was born. I feel like he has been here for months already. I think that is another reason I feel like I could run.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I'm the health and wellness/Health Policy editor at Before It's News. Our site is a People Powered news platform with over 2,500,000 visits a month and growing fast.
    We would be honored if we could republish your Blog's RSS feed in our Health and wellness category. Our readers need to read what your blog has to say.
    Syndicating to Before It's News is a terrific way spread the word and grow your audience. Many other organizations are using Before It's News to do just that. We can have your feed up and running in 24 hours. I just need you to reply with your permission to do so. Please include the full name and email of the person who will be attached to the account, and let me know the name you want on the account (most people have their name or their blog name).
    You can also have any text and/or links you wish appended to the end or prepended to the beginning of each of your posts on Before It's News.
    Just email me the text and links that you want at the beginning and/or ending of each post. If you know html you can send me that. If not, just send me the text and a link to your site. It should be around 200 characters or less (not including links).
    You can, if you like, create a custom feed for Before It's News that includes multiple links back to your blog or web site. We only require that RSS feeds include full stories, not partial stories. We don't censor or edit work.
    If you have any other blogs or websites you would like featured on before it's news, you can send the details for those feeds as well.
    Thank you,
    Gidon Belmaker
    Editor, Before It's News
    gidon@beforeitsnews.com
    www.beforeitsnews.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gidon - You have my permission. I will email you all the information you need.

    ReplyDelete