Saturday, May 14, 2011

Race Recap - Race for the Cure 5k

I can't believe it has been a week since my 1st race back and I am just now getting around to blogging about it.  Sorry about that.  I am having a tough time typing with an infant in my arms.  That and the race was a bust in my books.  I was 8.5 weeks pp and knew I was not going to be near a PR so I thought I would push the jogging stroller.  Well the H thought he would push the jogging stroller since he was not in running shape.  Well this brought out a little debate between us.  I did not win. 

Strapping the kids into the stroller


 This race has been a family affair since the late 90's.  I even race this race in college some 600 miles away while the rest of my fam was racing in Hotlanta.  My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb. 1997.  Here is my fam getting ready to run (bro-in-law, younger sis, me, hubby, youngest sis, and Dad).  My other bro-in-law and sis-in-law were there to capture the event for us. 

So the H wanted us to run together as a family.  While that sounds great for an average Sat. morning run, when it comes to racing, I prefer to run alone.  I started in the back with everyone, including walkers and strollers.  We had to walk for a little while before we even could jog.  At a turn, I looked and it was so congested, I knew there was no way the H could get around with that stroller.  I looked at him and he said to just go.  I went, but had to run around so many people I couldn't get into any groove.  My first mile was an awful time with all the walking.  The second mile was better.  Adam cut across the course and actually caught up with me and we did finish together, but again, we were slower because we had to maneuver around so many people.  Here we are at the end of the race. 

Here are my splits (just to say, I idn't get to run my pace the entire race):

Split
Hour:Minute:Second Time
Miles Distance
Minutes per Mile Avg Pace
Summary
00:30:53
3.16
09:45
1
00:11:15
1.00
11:15
2
00:09:01
1.00
09:01
3
00:09:08
1.00
09:08
4
00:01:28
0.16
09:00



 After the race with my other bro-in-law and sis-in-law.

 Hope next to her sign with dad.
So I am hoping to do a 4 mile race next month with better luck.

2 comments:

  1. I left you a comment earlier, but it looks like thr Blogger glitch ate it.

    I know you're a competitive person snd can't wait to be back to your old self...but dang, at 8 weeks pp that's an awesome race. Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Sorry the race didn't go as you'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete