Monday, May 30, 2011

Why I need run more

One word . . . Menchies.  This is a new froyo place near our house.  If you aren't familiar with Menchies, it's a self serve frozen yogurt bar.  They have approximately 10 different varieties of frozen yogurt and 30 or so different varieties of toppings.  They only have one size cup but they do have little cups to sample the yogurts before you decide on a flavor(s).  If you know me, then you know I am a huge dessert fan with ice cream/frozen yogurt being my favorite.  So I was in heaven when I learned about this place.  I love the crunch of the toppings and I love variety.  Since it's one size only, I decided to share with Hope so she got to influence the toppings we got, which made it interesting.  We decided on cake batter and peppermint patty yogurts (swirled) and then the toppings were all over the place.  Hope likes the colorful ones and I like the chocolate ones, so we had a lot of toppings (probably why our was so expensive).  It was a little busy when we were there so I didn't get a chance to really look at all of the toppings and pick accordingly, so I had to just feel my way through it.  But as the hot summer continues, I am already making up fro yo combinations that I will be trying.  This is why I will need to continue my running if I want to lose those last 5 lbs of baby weight. 

If you have one near you, I highly recommend it. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh one just opened up by me. I live in Baton Rouge, La. I almost tried it Friday, but I didn't have time. I will have to check it out. I hope it's not custard though. I get sick from that from IBS.

    ReplyDelete