Sunday, May 1, 2011

Working out - getting into some groove

Kinda.  I am trying to find some balance in my life.  And that is hard with 2 small kids and a husband who works long hours.  I am trying to go slow but working out makes me feel good.  My current weekly goals are:

  1. Run 3 days a week, 3-5 miles at a time.
  2. Do 40 minutes of yoga once a week.
  3. Do an ab workout once a week.
I know that doesn't sound like much, but with lack of sleep (a growth spurt I believe), I don't want to put too much pressure on myself and set myself up for failure.  Last week, here is how it went.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 17 minutes of yoga, ran 3 miles with the jogging stroller
Wednesday - 40 minutes of yoga
Thursday - Ran 3 miles with the jogging stroller
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Abs, walked 3.4 miles
Sunday - Ran 4.5 miles all by myself

My thought is to keep this up, with slowly increasing mileage, adding speed work, etc. 

The weight is slowly coming off too, slow and steady wins the race.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're doing great! Remember, you have to work with what you have and some days you'll be able to fit in more, but other days (teething, sick kids, whatever), it just can't happen, but that's ok too!

    ReplyDelete