Tuesday, May 31, 2011

National Running Day and weekly workouts

Very exciting that last week I ran a total of 20 miles. Yeah, I think that is a good place for me right now when I am not in a real training plan.  I have been adding mileage every week so this week I will cut back and then return to my 20 miles a week.  I also have a race on Sunday, so that is another good reason to cut my mileage this week.  Here is how last week looked:

Monday:  Jillian's Yoga Meltdown and squats, 3.04 mile run with JS
Tuesday:  5.06 miles with JS
Wednesday:  Abs and push-ups
Thursday:  30 minute HIIT followed by 2 mile run on mill (5.1 miles total)
Friday:  A little strength training
Saturday:  7.09 mile run alone (9:51 average)
Sunday:  Rest

Total miles:  20.29 miles

Tomorrow is not a typical running day for me, but it's National Running Day so I guess I will have get some running in.  Check out the website and remember to run tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. Looking good Jaime. Good luck with your race thise weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think about Jillian's yoga meltdown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was ok, more like a workout and not a stretching session. I prefer both being stretched and worked out for yoga.

    ReplyDelete