Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly workouts

I have been noticing my quads are struggling on some of my runs, so I have found a new way to hang with/ put to sleep my son - squats and lunges.  Yep, it's a great way to quiet him down sometimes.  So here is how last week's workouts went/\.

Monday - 40 minutes of yoga, squats, lunges, and push-ups
Tuesday - 4.54 mile run with jogging stroller (js)
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Treadmill workout - 5 min warm-up at 6.0 with 1% incline, HIIT (high intensity interval training) with 45 seconds at 8.8-9.5 followed by 1.25 min walking at 4.0.  Repeat 10 times, then I ran 2.5 miles at 6.2 for a total of 5.1 miles
Friday - Abs, 2.1 miles with js
Saturday - 1.5 mile walk with the fam
Sunday - 6.07 miles alone - oh it felt so good

Total running miles - 17.81 miles - the most in a long time. 

I think squats, lunges, and interval running are here to stay to help me get back into running shape.  Whatelse do you do it get yourself into running shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment