Friday, March 19, 2010

This mommy is pumped!


I went today to get my bib for the race and got to go down to the Expo. I hadn't spent much time at the Expos in my recent races with Hope but today was so nice, I planned a nice little day for us. Lucky for me, Hope slept in (yeah) and then we went for a 5 mile run (easy). Then after lunch, we hit the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Park to run around in, and then the ING Health Expo. The weather today was beautiful (unlike the weather on Sunday). We had a great time and I enjoyed walking around the expo. It really got me into the racing mood. I was looking at some really cute shirts when Hope had a meltdown so I had to get out of there ASAP. A little bummed I didn't get a shirt, but do I really need another shirt? Probably not, but I enjoy the running mommy shirts. :)


So now, I am so excited for the race on Sunday. Even though I am not in the best half marathon shape of my life, I can't wait to race. It's also a little sad because I don't know when my next half marathon will be. We are winding down on marathon season and I don't know what the future holds for me. So I will definitely let myself enjoy this race as much as I can. The weather is not looking good, but I am going to go out there with fighting spirit nonetheless. I think I might get Hope a raincoat tomorrow just in case. :)

What does everyone eat the night before a race? I usually end up eating cereal, so I would be interested in what everyone else eats. I can't do pasta before a race, sorry ladies.

Good luck to the other INGer's this weekend. I hope we all get PR's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment