Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fruits and Veggies

Since I am making a conscious effort to get in at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day, I thought I would start this morning off with my version of a Green Monster Smoothie. It's very yummy, very filling, and has a serving of fruit and a serving of veggies. So after breakfast I was already at 2 out of 5. I know some people don't like to drink their calories and I completely understand, but this is very filling that I don't feel like I am drinking my calories and it fills such a large cup, it's a lot to drink. So if you are having trouble getting in all your fruits and veggies, this might be a good way to start your day. Here is my version



Green Monster Smoothie

1/2 skim milk

1/2 - 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)

1 frozen small banana

1 tablespoon peanut butter (almond butter works well too)

1 cup baby spinach (other greens will work too)



Combine in blender. Mix. Serve.



You only taste the banana and peanut butter. So good! If you aren't a big fan of bananas, you could try frozen berries or even frozen mangos would probably work too.



Here is the nutritional value of my green monster smoothie.



Calories: 291

Total Fat: 9 grams

Carbs: 38 grams

Protein: 20 grams

Fiber: 4 grams

The most filling thing you can "eat" for under 300 calories. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment