Friday, March 5, 2010

Training Update

Well I am almost completely recovered from the stomach bug (no, I am not pg, I promise). And our house is officially under contract and we have a binding agreement on another house, so that is very exciting, but it also means I am busier than ever. I have had my bluetooth in all day making calls to lenders, home inspectors, financial advisor, mold guy, etc. And I have a feeling, it will only be getting worse from here. I have not run all week (did other stuff a few days, but like I said, I am still recovering from the stomach bug). The race is just over 2 weeks away, and the most I have is 8 miles. I am hoping to get in 9 miles this weekend which would make me feel better, but I am not going to be breaking any PR's this time around. And that is very difficult for me. I usually don't race many races, but I really train for the halfs I do train for. This will be my 3rd half in 5 1/2 months. I am just not used to going into races without giving my training 100%. To me, I feel like a training failure, but having a toddler, moving, buying a home, getting sick, I might just have to run this race to enjoy it and not think about a PR. I think I am going to need the next 2 weeks to comprehend what I just wrote, "enjoy the race and not think about a PR." Maybe I will go out slower, but I know that is going to be hard. Any advice? Help me understand that I am not a failure if I don't crush my PR.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, just being nosey.

    That's terrific that your house sold so quickly. You certainly have a lot to keep you busy right now. It's amazing how quickly stuff accumulates.

    ReplyDelete