Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu Planning going on hiadus


Since we are moving in 3 1/2 weeks (eek, did I just type that), menus are going to be difficult. We are trying to go through what we have in the freezer and cupboard so meals are not going to be very exciting and will probably look pretty scary. So I am not going to be planning a lot of meals ahead of time and buying a lot of new ingredients. I will be using up what we have and just buying some fresh fruits and veggies to keep in the house. Hopefully, I can resume this part of my blog soon, but I will tell you about one meal we have utilized for the past 2 weeks - veggie nachos.




I wanted them last weekend after my race, so we stopped at the store after church and gathered up what we needed. Surpringly, we made them super fast and while they are not the healthiest thing you can eat, we made them using healthy alternatives. We used baked tortilla chip scoops instead of regular chips, drained and rinsed black beans instead of chicken or beef, and veggies to top it off (tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and lettuce). We did use cheese (2 kinds actually), but it was still probably less cheese then if we had gotten it at a restaurant. They were so good last weekend, that Adam wanted them again. And it was very satisfying for the meating eating husband that we now have another vegetarian meal for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment