Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas cheer

Here are some of the things that we do during the holiday season that I thought I would share.  I came from a family that had an "evergreen" tree (aka fake) and Adam came from a family that always got a fresh tree.  I do like the smell of a real tree so we have adopted the idea of getting a real tree and have ever since we were married.  We usually go out the Saturday after Thanksgiving and get our tree so we can have it up for a while.  Here Hope is checking out all of the trees to determine which one she thinks we should get.

Before Hope, Adam used to go over 20-30 trees to determine which one was the "one."  Not anymore.  We only got to look at 3 trees before Hope was running all over the place.  Luckily #3 was the winner.  We were so impressed by it, we think it might be our best tree yet.  

I know once Hope gets a little older we will be doing some crazy decorating on our tree, but for now we keep it simple.  I usually do silver and red balls, but I was afraid Hope would try to play with them and break them, so we did white lights, red bows, and plastic icicles. 

And of course, what Christmas holiday would be complete without some cookie decorating.  We were in charge of some dessert for a family function, so I let Hope go crazy with some icing on the cookies (and some sprinkles).  She had a blast!  We are going to ice some brownie bites for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.  Should be interesting.
What do you do for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is adorable! I have a running question. I've tried the couch to 5k program and lasted about a week. I did this two years ago before I was pregnant. I had knee problems. They were a bit swollen, but it hurt a lot to walk. Is that something I should just push through? Is it because I wasn't very active?

    I'd like to try to jog at least to lose some weight before maybe trying to have another baby. I'm 38 so I don't have a big window. Do you think maybe my body could have changed and I would not have knee pain if I tried jogging again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your knees swell when you run, I would defnitely see a ortho person about that. You want to get that figured out before you do anymore running. It could be serious.

    ReplyDelete