Monday, December 13, 2010

My running these days

So I am still working out, but between the colder temperatures and my growing belly, things are changing.  I was doing 3-4 miles 4 days/week, with 2 of them being with the jogging stroller.  I am not doing 3 miles 3-4 days/week (twice still with the jogging stroller) and incorporating some yoga as well.  If I do not get in 4 days of running then I will do either the elliptical trainer or the stairmaster, just to give me belly a breather. 

The only way I can run now is with some support.  I was getting a lot of round ligament pain early in my pregnancy so my OB recommended a maternity belt, or just cutting off some panty hose and using that.  Well the maternity belts aren't cheap, so I thought I would start with some panty hose.  Works like a charm!  I have had no problems with the round ligament pain if I am sporting my "maternity belt," but if I forget it, then I am in trouble.  I can't run.  Now I can still do my other exercieses with a maternity belt, so I don't have to wear it every time I work out, just running currently. 

I started working in some yoga as well once I hit about 5 months thinking it would be good to get some sort of strength training in, as well as help breathing and focusing (things that are important during labor and delivery).  My goal is to do it twice a week, once for just 20 minutes and then again for 40-45 minutes.  I have been using the OnDemand ExerciseTV yoga videos (for free) to get a variety of sessions in. 

So last week was hard with my workouts because the hubs and I were up late most nights getting the house ready for Christmas and my Annual Holiday Cookie Swap party, so I was very tired and very busy, but the week before looked like this:

Monday - Ran intervals on the treadmill (3.2 miles total)

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles outside (without jogging stroller), 20 minutes of yoga

Wednesday - Ran 3 miles on the mill (easy)

Thursday - 40 minutes of yoga or Rest

Friday - Ran 3 miles with the jogging stroller

Saturday - Ran 3 miles with the jogging stroller

Sunday - Rest

So I am resting 1-2 days a week and as it becomes 2 days of rest more often, I will probably cut my running back to 3 days a week as well.  So that is what a 6 month pregger is doing on the pavement these days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! I hope I can keep up with running during my next pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete