Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Recipe Rave - Green Monster Smoothie


So I had seen this recipe for a couple of weeks and heard people raving about it, so I thought I might as well try it.

I tweaked it a little: (edited to update my most recent recipe on 10/28/10)
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1 cup baby spinach
1 small frozen banana
1/2T almond butter
1T ground flaxseed
Blend and serve!

It was very filling, only 300 calories, and I got a fruit and a veggie serving in. Score! We will see, but I am not sure I will have to have my morning snack today. Just had to share.

1 comment:

  1. My 83 year old grandpa is trendy! He got hooked on making these about a year ago (probably from watching Dr.Oz), and swears by them. He's still humming along pretty well, so maybe there's something to it.

    ReplyDelete