Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a morning!

Well yesterday morning. Hope has been getting up early these past couple of mornings, around 6:15am. We have never needed her to get up that early, but it's just what she is doing. We have tried to put her to bed earlier and later than her normal time, but she still gets up at 6:15am. So Saturday morning rolls around, and Hope is up. Adam grabs her out of the crib and brings her into our bed. I fee her real quick and then Adam jumps up out of bed and said he would take her, and I could go back to sleep. What??? This almost never happens. I wasn't sure I would be able to go back to sleep, but I did. I woke up at 8:00am and when I did, I found Starbucks coffee (half caf) and bagels from our favorite place. Wow! I felt special. I drank my coffee while I fed Hope some cereal and when it was nap time for Hope, I suggested taking her on my run so Adam could take a nap without any interruptions. He said that was silly and to just put her down and go for a run. So Hope went down for her nap around 9:20am, and I was off by 9:25am. I couldn't believe I was running without the jogging stroller. That happens so rare these days. I was off! Between the extra sleep, the half caf coffee, and the excitement of being able to run without the heavy jogging stroller, I was passing people like they were standing still. I was able to run 8 miles in a pretty good time. I got home and Hope was still asleep. I was able to shower and eat half my bagel before she woke up. I couldn't believe the morning I had. I know, it's sad that I am now excited about sleeping till 8 and running 8 miles, but it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment