Friday, July 10, 2009

Exercise and Eating - 7/9


I used to do this on the day, but then sometimes things got changed up so I thought I would post what I did and ate yesterday so I know it's accurate.


Exercise: Ran 4.5 miles in the AM and went to tennis practice in the PM (which left me putting up laundry at 10:30pm)


Breakfast: 1 whole wheat english muffin, one side had almond butter and the other cherry jelly (generous portions of almond butter and jelly btw) and some decaf coffee with light soy milk


Snack: organic blueberry greek yogurt and 1/3 cup granola (free sample)


Lunch: Veggie (spinach, tomato, and red onion) and cheese (parm and cheddar) omlette (2 eggs) and a plum


Snack: A coffee mug full of Cinnamon Crunch Total cereal (dry) (I know I should have had a protein to accompany this, but it was a late snack and I knew I was eating before tennis practice, so I really didn't need much)


Dinner: Tofu and veggies in a Trader Joe's Masala simmer sauce over some brown rice (ate this on a salad plate so I kept my portion small


Dessert: Breyer's light vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate sauce and slivered almonds (I usually don't put the chocolate sauce on there because there is absolutely no nutritional value in it, but I was really hungry so I figured I could afford the calories)


So the grand total was 2,001 calories with 52% coming from carbs, 31% coming from fat, and 17% coming from protein according to Sparkpeople. Ideally, I'd like more protein, but I am still adjusting to the whole veg thing, so it will take some time. I'm not sure I was much higher though when I was eating meat, since I was eating little of it anyway. Also, you can see that I did a pretty good job of eating small meals throughout the day so I kept my energy up all day, which was good because Hope was up at 5:30am yesterday and then woke up last night at 11:00pm crying so it was a long day for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment