Thursday, July 9, 2009

1 month meat free!


So I have been going back and forth with this for a while (since Hope was born). For me, it's a humanities issue. I have never been a big meat eater. I have never liked beef. I was 7 years old when I found an article in my gymnastics magazine where Mary Lou Retton said to limit red meat as much as possible. I showed it to my parents and after that I didn't have to eat another hamburger. :) So like I said, I have never been a big meat eater. I didn't like much pork (except bacon of course) and chicken was just ok. Well after Hope was born, I became more sensitive to the treatment of all animals. I mean every one of those animals is somebody's Hope in my eyes. So I did some research and read a little, and I didn't feel quite right. The biggest hurdle for me was figuring out what to do at home. Adam is a big meat eater and while I don't mind him eating meat, how was he going to feel about different meals. He was actually very supportive. I was surprised. So that bricked chicken I made a month ago was the last time I had meat. I am still eating fish right now. I figure one step at a time. I do work out a good bit so I want to make sure I am getting enough protein. I have always liked fish too, so that will be a lot harder for me to give up. I do have to say I have felt really well in the last month. I have been replacing the meat with more veggies. I definitely feel healthier. So thought I would share. Also, because I am new to this, if anyone has any advice or websites, articles, etc. please send them this way. I am an information junkie, so any great recipes or literature would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment