Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!




I am just over 1 hour early, but I have an incredibly busy day tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I got this post in. Some of you may know, but my mom passed away 2 1/2 years ago. She would be 54 this year (yes, she was only 51 years old when she passed). It was the most difficult thing I ever had to go through in my entire life. I was very close to my mom, and she wanted to be a grandmother so bad, but God had different plans for her. She is now watching over Hope in a special way right now. It's so upsetting knowing that Hope will never know her Grandma. My mom would have loved her in such a special way. It would have been a magical relationship. Hope's middle name, Cecile, was my mom's middle name growing up, so Hope will always have that connection with her grandmother.

It was also very sad to through pregnancy and childbirth without my mom. I thought my mom was a fantastic mother and someone with such a level head, it would have been great to have had her when I had questions. I am fortunate to have such a great extended family who loves me and has supported me through my pregnancy and childbirth, but if you are close to your mom, then you know, there is no substitute. I think about my mom a lot still, and miss her terribly.

The first picture is from my wedding (June 2004). My mom is in purple. I thought she looked beautiful at my wedding. The second picture is our last family vacation together (August 2006). She was going through chemo, so in that picture, she is wearing a wig. She is still beautiful, but you can tell she is very sick. She was sick for a long time (4 years) before she lost her battle with cancer. So a lot of my last memories of her, are of her being sick. It's just so sad, because she was a very active, vibrant woman. Today (7/17), I will try to remember that vibrant woman. Happy Birthday Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment