Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Confessions

Ok, so I have a confession to make. I am 30 years old and I have never seen a dermatologist. Well, until today. I was fortunate that I never had bad skin when I was a teenager, so I never saw one. I have an olive complexion so I don't burn much, so I always thought I would be fine. Well over the years, I have gotten some moles and lately they had been making me nervous. Between running and tennis, I am in the sun a lot and before Hope was born, I would lay out (I know it's so bad for me, but it feels so good). I have skin like my mom and she never had any problems with moles, so I figured I was probably fine, but now that I am a mom, I wanted to make sure. So this afternoon I got Hope into the stroller and we went to see the dermatologist. The office was less than a mile away, so we walked (out in the sun, but conserving energy). Well the visit went well and I had no problem areas. I do have several moles that I need to watch but there were no signs of melanoma. Yeah! I was relieved. I had been putting off going to the dermatologist for years because I didn't want to hear a lecture or they tell me I had melanoma. Well neither happened and I am glad.

1 comment:

  1. Metti il traduttore google,così posso leggere senza fatica i tuoi post! :-)

    ReplyDelete