Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Belated Father's Day


I meant to post this yesterday and was even on the computer, and completely forgot. Yesterday was Adam's first Father's Day and I wanted to try to make it special. Of course what I think is special and what Adam thinks is special are 2 different things so I tried to get him to make all the decisions all day. He didn't mention much so for breakfast I made him homemade buttermilk pancakes (recipe from my recent Cook's Illustrated magazine). I also made Adam some bacon. The pancakes were delicious and a big hit! Later on, we hit the pool as a family. I know Adam loved having Hope in the pool with him. Then it was off to church and a quick dinner with Adam's mom and stepfather. Adam's last request was that I not spend a hour in the kitchen making lunches and prepping for the week, and I agreed to that (although today's lunches are lacking somewhat). He was channel surfing while I was doing a little gathering for Monday, and said it was a Jaime Movie Night for sure with some of my favorites on tv (Father of the Bride, Ocean's Eleven, Stick It (I was a gymnast for 16 years), etc.). We had just seen Ocean's Eleven so Adam put in Ocean's Thirteen for us to watch. It was a thank you for the wonderful day he had had. Of course, we were both exhausted and fell asleep on the couch, but it was a nice way to end the weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment