Sunday, June 7, 2009

Product Review - Kashi Vive Cereal


So I had a coupon for the new Kashi Vive cereal. I hadn't heard much about it, just that it was new. I read the box at the grocery store and it was already on sale so I thought why not. I eat yogurt almost everyday so I didn't really care much about the probotics, but it actually has more fiber than sugar in a serving(12g fiber and 10g sugar). The serving size is also 1.25 cups so I thought that was nice and generous. It does have a good number of calories (170) per serving, but since the serving size was larger, I thought ok. It only has 4g protein, which is low for Kashi, but most cereals only have 1 or 2g, so still better than most. Well I like the variety in the box. It has bran flakes, rice puffs, and Kashi's signature graham twigs. It was sweet enough for me (rice puffs are vanilla dipped) so it didn't require any sugar, but tasted sweet to me. I have been I have been using light soy milk (another post to come) so it was a nice breakfast. I try to keep my cereal portions small, but it's hard sometimes, so it's nice to know that this serving is larger. I will probably buy it again. It's not my new favorite cereal (Kashi GoLean Crunch has that one), but I like it enough to buy again, especially when Kashi products go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment