Friday, June 12, 2009

Exercise - 6/12

So I typically run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, but due to some crime in the neighborhood, Adam thought it was not a good idea for Hope and me to do our Thursday run. Not that big of deal. It was supposed to be an easy 4 miler, so I figured I would get it in this weekend and not worry too much about it. Well all day Thursday I was jonesing for my run. I did have tennis practice, so that was good, but as many of the runners that read this know, there is nothing like a good run, even if it’s a short one.

So I decided today, I would throw in a quick run. I ran around work and don’t usually do this so I didn’t have a good path to take. Half of my run didn’t have a sidewalk and it is too busy to run in the streets. I was running on grass that came up to my mid-thigh. It was interesting. My first mile is usually my slowest. It takes me a good mile to get warmed up and I usually have a negative split no matter how far I run. Not today! Weird! I blame it on the hills and the running in the grass. It was freeing though. I didn’t have the jogging stroller, which now almost 100% of my runs include (not a bad thing, but it’s very heavy). It was just me and my iPod. As I was running through the tall grasses, I felt like I was running through an open field in Kenya (minus the traffic). It was rather relaxing. Anyway, I got my run in and feel much better. I got my fix for the day, if you will. :)

I had a little extra time so I decided to do some abs. I usually do abs on Tuesdays and Thursdays but since I didn’t run yesterday, I never did my abs (I know, it’s a lame excuse). I have been doing Ab Ripper X, which is very hard, but I know my abs are not as strong as they were pre-pregnancy so I know I need to work on that. Most of the time, after a long run, my abs hurt. I think it’s because my core just isn’t as strong right now as it was before little Hope. Well I didn’t have the DVD with me, so I did my old ab workout. It’s not that difficult, but it was one I did most of the time before I got pregnant. Well the good news is I did it, but it was hard for me today. It didn’t kill me so that’s good. I think my abs are getting stronger. Yeah!

We are headed to my mother-in-law’s lake house tonight so it should be a fun weekend putting Hope into the lake and seeing how she does. Good thing I got that ab routine in since it will be my first time in a bathing suit since Hope was born. :)

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Sounds like we have alot in common (running, nutrition, baby) Sounds fun putting Hope in the lake! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete